Reason 57

I'm not sure what time it is or what day it is. I have been awake for 
well over 24 hours straight...well, I did manage to squeeze in about 5 
hours of sleep here and there, but I am beyond exhausted.

We made it to Hungary this afternoon! This evening, the Ewings' hosted 
us for dinner along with some of the Hungarians who attend their bible 
studies. We had a lovely time eating, catching up and getting to know 
one another. Before we left, we spent some time singing praise to our 
King. The first song we sang was very familiar to me, as I'm sure it is 
to you, 'How Great is Our God' by Chris Tomlin. We sang along with 
music recorded in Hungarian. Of course, there is no way I could even 
attempt to correctly pronounce a word in Hungarian, so I sang along in 
English, as did the rest of my group. As we sang, I began to get very 
emotional as I listened to a group of people, singing the same song in 
different languages to the same God. What a powerful moment for me to 
experience as I began to imagine this is how it will be in Heaven. We 
all come from "different tribes and tongues" but he understands every 
word. He speaks every language. In fact, sometimes we don't even have 
words adequate enough to tell him how we feel and he still understands. 
We are made to worship our Savior, but we often reserve those times for 
bible studies, church services, singing, ect. We get bogged down by the 
tasks of the day and we let complacency replace our worship.

But when we get to Heaven, we won't have to worry about our to-do 
lists. We won't have to worry if we've heard the song before, if we are 
familiar with the words, or if we are singing on pitch. No, we will all 
gather together at the foot of his throne and worship without end. With 
unified voices and unified hearts, we will life our praises to the one 
who so rightly deserves them. What a beautiful image!

#57 - Little glimpses of what Heaven will be like!

"Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth 
and on the sea, and all that is in them, sing: "To him who sits on the 
throne and to the Lamb - be praise and honor and glory and power 
forever and ever!" - Revelation 5:13


Comments

Popular Posts