Reason #65

Why? A haunting question, isn't it? One of those questions that drive you crazy. You can ask it over and over again, but you may never get an answer. Even if you did get an answer, would you feel any better?

I have to battle off the "why's" in my mind. I am so tempted to ask:

"Why me?"
"Why not someone else?"
"Why this way?"
"Why did this have to happen?"
"Why didn't I get the answer I prayed for?"
"Why couldn't things have been different?"
"Why was that decision made?"

Why, why, why?

This morning, as I was tempted to start throwing up the "why" questions, some new "why" questions popped into my mind.

"Why did He save me?"
"Why does He always rescue me?"
"Why does He shower down blessings on me?"
"Why does He provide for me?"
"Why does He always forgive me?"
"Why did He sacrifice his son for me?"
"Why does He walk with me through everything?"
"Why is He so patient with me?"
"Why does He love me unconditionally?"
"Why is He so good to me?"

Why?

When I usually ask my "why" questions, they are quickly followed up with "What did I do to deserve this?" Oh, how the Lord gave me a good though this morning as he gave me new questions to consider.

I don't know that I did a certain thing to deserve any of my "why" questions, and I definitely did nothing to deserve the second set, but He gave me an answer to those "why's" this morning.  

Ephesians 2:8 says," For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God..." A gift. That's the answer! A gift called grace! "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." (James 1:17) I don't understand why a holy, righteous God would give an imperfect, broken girl such good gifts, but I don't need to wonder why because the answer is always grace.

I realize that because of his grace, I can face the "why's" when they come. The questions may linger without explanations, but his "grace is sufficient" (2 Corinthians 12:9).

And I am starting to realize that grace really is the answer for everything.

#65 - because of His grace

"Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." - Hebrews 4:16

Comments

Popular Posts