Reason 60

I had the privilege of leading the bible study for the group
in Hungary tonight. I was a little nervous to be speaking in front of a
group of people that I don't know well in a language that is different
than their native language. I did have a translator, so that was pretty
cool. There were at least 4 countries represented in the group tonight,
which was quite amazing. To be honest, I have felt as if I am not
adeqate enough many times this week. Really, me lead a bible study?
Really, me try to present the gospel to total strangers? Really, me
share my testimony? I feel so small and unworthy sometimes and am just
so amazed at the fact that God trusts me with such big opportunities.


Tonight, I presented the story of Abraham and Isaac. I actually blogged
about this story back in January. After I finished the story, Melinda
asked if I would be willing to share my testimony with the group. I
tell you what, I have shared my testimony a few times each day since I
arrived in Hungary. I think the Lord is kindly trying to break me of my
fear of sharing it. So, I bravely told a room full of new friends and
strangers my story. Before the bible study began, I had shared with
them that the story of Abraham and Isaac (Genesis 22) was near and dear
to me. I suppose it was only fitting that they knew why and how I could
so easily relate to it.

The truth is, I'm scared to tell the full story. I am embarrassed and
ashamed to share it. The enemy just reminds me over and over that I
am less of a person, less of a Christian, because of the circumstances
I have been put through. He tells me that my story won't make an impact
and if anything, it will turn people away and make me look like a
hypocrite. He tells me that they will think less of me when I tell them
the truth. He is liar.

And tonight I told my new friends the truth. I told them that my God is
a good God. He always provides. If you draw near to him, he will draw
near to you. He doesn't abandon you when you walk through the trials of
life, rather he walks them with you. He isn't ashamed to call me his
child and he doesn't see me as less of a person. He doesn't define me
by my circumstances but rather by how I handle my circumstances. He who
promises is faithful, and he does bring good from every sitution. My
God is a God who redeems what he allows. And this, my friends, is truth.

It is easy to keep quiet. It is easy to keep to yourself. It is easy to
keep from sharing. But what good does it do to walk through the fire
and not tell about it? Who is helped by hiding your scars? How can
people see the power of God's work in your life if you refuse to open
your mouth? And how will people ever know the truth if you keep it to
yourself? I wish I could just declare that I will not keep silent, but
I realize I'm a lot bolder on a keyboard than I am in person. So my
sharing has started, and the silence is slowly breaking.

#60- because of the power of an ever changing testimony written by a never
changing God


"Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God,
and the authority of his Christ. For the accuser of our brothers, who
accuses them before our God day and night, has been hurled down. They
overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their
testimony..." Revelation 12:10-11





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts