Reason 58

"Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; he is the faithful God, 
keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who 
love him and keep his commands." - Deuteronomy 7:9

Today I shared my story with a sweet, new friend. It was a difficult 
challenge. As I sat there and talked her through my heartache and pain, 
I began to realize that my shame and disappointment was quickly being 
replaced by joy. Why, you may ask? As the words of "defeat" flowed from 
my mouth, words of victory quickly began to follow. I've talked my 
story through with many people and have shared how faithful God has 
been to me, but as I shared today, I began to see victory. I began to 
understand the power of a testimony, and I praise God that he 
overcomes. Every time, he overcomes. I was sad to be sharing a painful 
story but grateful that I could share a story of hope because of what 
he has done and what he is doing. So I found the verse listed above 
tonight and just felt it was perfect for my conversation today. How 
grateful I am for his faithfulness. How grateful I am that he will 
never leave me. How grateful I am that he is a man of his word. Even 
when I fail, his love never does. Even when I feel unloved, he always 
loves. Even when I disobey, he stands with arms open and forgivenss 
ready. And so I'm thankful he has given me a story of victory and made 
a covenant with a fragile, imperfect human being. Most of all, I am 
thankful that he is my God!

#58- because of His covenant!



Comments

Popular Posts