Reason 63

What a week! We have been traveling for who knows how many hours today. 
One more flight until we are in the US and then to Lubbock tomorrow! 
This week has been such a refreshing, rejuvenating week for me. It has 
been a week to recharge. As I was thinking about my week, Moses came to 
my mind. I remembered the story of Moses when he met with God on Mount 
Sinai. God called Moses to meet with him on the mountain for 40 days to 
discuss some important news. What an incredible time it must have been 
to be able to spend 40 days alone with the most high God! Moses had a 
big job and a lot of responsibilities, but he was given a little 
"break" to spend some alone time with God. This way, Moses could give 
God his full attention without distraction or worry. Now, he was fully 
abiding in God's presence and could focus solely on what God had taken 
him aside to tell him. When Moses finally came off of the mountain, his 
face was radiant due to the time he had spent in the presence of the 
Lord.

I feel like Moses this week. I feel like I had a Mount Sinai 
experience. My face isn't necessarily glowing (or at least I don't 
think it is) but my spirit feels so refreshed. The Lord so faithfully 
planned and provided for me to go on this trip. I've actually been 
wanting to go to Hungary for many years now, but the timing was never 
right. This year, the timing was more than perfect, it was divine. You 
see, He knew how much I needed to be away this week. He knew how much I 
needed to spend some alone time with him. He knew how I needed a break 
 from my everyday responsibilities, so he took me to a place where I had 
time to rest in him. I was out of my comfort zone and had to completely 
depend on him. He gave me a week of time where I could give him my 
undivided attention so he could speak to me. And I feel like I am 
walking off the "mountain" as a changed person. Oh, how he spoke such 
words of hope and peace to me this week. He renewed my spirit and 
brought joy in so many ways. Really, I'd like to just camp out on this 
mountain. I am not ready to leave yet, but I remember that He is going 
with me. How grateful I am for these moments on the mountain, but I am 
so grateful that I don't have to leave my everyday life for a week to 
experience him this way. I am thankful for time to refocus, time to 
heal, time to refresh and time to start writing a new chapter.

#63 - because of time on the mountain

"Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits - who 
forgives all your sins and who heals your diseases, who redeems your 
life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who 
satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed 
like the eagle's." -Psalm 103:2-5

-Brittnye
www.my1000reasons.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular Posts