Reason #270

I finally got to go back to my office today. Back to my "regular job" which is really now a new job... in a new space. So even though I was back in the office, really I wasn't. I was in a new office, with some of my old things, trying my best to figure out what's next.

This year has been a whirlwind of change for me. As I've confessed many times, I am not one who necessarily enjoys change. Change can be good, and if it's a good change, then I enjoy it. However, if it messes up my routine or agenda, I tend to be quite hesitant. I'll be honest and say that I've been quite unhappy about this change, too. I've been pretty vocal about it lately. And as I sat in my new office today, which I actually do like by the way, I came to a realization. I still have a job. Now, I know I am stating the obvious here, and this is nothing ground breaking, but I spent so many months unsure of whether or not I'd have a job. Once I finally found out that I was going to have a job, I spent the next few months wondering what I would actually do. The next few months flew by because I was so busy, and I have found myself back in this state of waiting to find out what's next. Something will come, I know it will. I don't know what, but something will.

And it just hit me like that today. Because one year ago, I had no clue what was to come. I had no idea how my life was going to turn out, and trust me, I didn't for a minute think it would be this good. It took some time, though. I had to wait and be patient. Some weeks consisted of sitting still. Some weeks were jam packed. Some weeks were certain and others were not. Ultimately, though, I didn't really know what the outcome would be, and I couldn't have crafted a better one had I tried. So I realized that if I could make it through such a tough season of uncertainty, I can most definitely do it again. Nothing lasts forever. Eventually, there is always an outcome. We may feel like we've been wandering far too long, but He always gets us there one way or another.

Good things come to those who wait, at least that's how the saying goes. And truthfully, I can testify to that. Because during the wait, God does good things. During the wait, He isn't still. Rather, He's working out the details for us. And so, you just have to sit for a moment. Let Him clear the path for you so that you know what to do next. And He is always faithful to show us the steps to take to get us right where we need to be.

#270 - Because something will eventually happen... always does.

"If we already have something, we don’t need to hope for it. But if we look forward to something we don’t yet have, we must wait patiently and confidently." - Rpmans 8:24-25

Comments

Popular Posts