Reason #281

Today was a good day. Sometimes, it's just that simple. A good day. I've come to be thankful for those. I've come to apprecaite those rather than taking them for granted. Today was a new memory, a really good one that will last for a lifetime.

Aaron's birthday surprise was complete today as we spent the day at the state fair. I stuffed myself with incredibly expensive, super unhealthy, yet very delicious food. Frozen lemonade, a walking taco, fried brownies, and various other food samples of all sorts. We test drove cars, visited a petting zoo, looked through exhibit halls, watched little pigs race, rode a Texas-sized ferris wheel, and ended the night with a fire, water and light show. And, just to add to it, the weather was beautiful today. The sun was out, and just when we'd start to get a little warm, a breeze would begin to blow. All in all, I couldn't have planned a better day if I tried (which I did try). It was perfect. It was just what I was hoping it would be and then some. It was a really good day.

This is one of thoes nights where I just find myself to be at a loss for words. Not because I don't have anything to say, that's never the case. Maybe it's because I just have too many thoughts and can't come up words that are adequate enough to describe them.

From beginning to end, this was a good day. This is rare. Rarely do I have days where I wouldn't change a moment of them. Rarely do I have days where every single moment of the day was wonderful. Even the moments where I got a little hot and sticky, even the moments where I became overwhelmed by the huge crowds, even the moment when I got us lost, and the really unusally awkward and gross moment when a rabbit peed on me, I wouldn't change any of them. I wouldn't go back and re-write my day, I wouldn't do anything differently. Nope, it was a perfect day from the moment my eyes opened.

And so I want to hang on to days like these because they are rare. I don't want them to end because I don't know when the next one will come back around. But until then, I'm thankful for today. I'm thankful that God has so divinely worked everything out in my life up until this point so that I could experience today, so that I could apprecaite today in its entirety, and so that I could have this day to remember for the rest of my life.

#281 - For days when every second is good!

"You have done many good things for me, Lord, just as you promised." - Psalm 119:64

Comments

Popular Posts