Reason #860

We had a meeting for our mission trip tonight. Less than two weeks away, and I can hardly wait! For a lot of good, yet mostly selfish reasons, I am counting down the days. This trip has come at the perfect time, and I know this trip will be just what I need.

I need to refocus. I desperately need a perspective change. My heart continues to wrestle and toss, and I need time to be. Time to get away from the everyday, ordinary life. A break from the relentless routine and the mess of the mundane. I need a chance to pour myself out because that's what changes hearts. I need to be recharged, refueled, and I have learned that getting away from home and serving the Lord can do wonders for a heavy heart and weary spirit.

I haven't been on a mission trip in a little over two years. The last time I got to go on a mission trip was when I went to Hungary. It was a significant turning point in my life. A pivotal moment when God began to do big things. Because when I went to Hungary, I was struggling. I was at an all time low. I was so ashamed and devastated, feeling broken and useless. More than anything, I just wanted the distraction. I wanted to be away from home, and I knew this was going to be the best place for me to be. Serving God, being surrounded by His people, and giving of myself was the best way to escape life's struggles. And it was the remedy I had been looking for. God taught me so much about myself and about His power while I was there, and I came home feeling like a different person. Refreshed, revitalized, and new things began to happen.

Sometimes we just need a renewed perspective in life. As I wrote in my prayer journal last night, I realized this about myself. I blogged about my eye irritations a few weeks ago, but maybe they've been bothering me for a reason. Maybe I need to see life differently. See my life differently. I need to see things through another lens. And so that is my prayer. That lives would be changed on this trip, that hearts would be drawn closer to Jesus, and that faith would be strengthened because no one needs it more than I do. I am grateful for the opportunity to go. I am grateful for the fact that God would send me. And I look forward to what He does while we are there, to how He changes my life during those few short days, and to what He has in store for me when we get home.

#860 - For opportunities to get away, to serve, and to be renewed.

"He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to his name." - Psalm 23:3

Comments

Popular Posts