Reason #867

Thirteen months since we said 'I do,' and when I stop to think about it, I'm overwhelmed. Over taken by love. By the fact that I am loved. I think about devotion, desire, compassion, genuine care. All things I don't deserve, but things I receive.

Every day Aaron comes home to me. Now I know you're thinking I'm simply stating the obvious, but what a blessing it is to have your spouse come home to you every night. This isn't always the case, and this isn't guaranteed. But every day, I know that I will see him before I go to bed. I know we'll eat dinner, we'll talk, and we'll selfishly spend our evening doing what we want. And the fact that he looks forward to coming home to me every day is overwhelming.

Some days I'm not easy to live with. Some days I come home and I whine. There are evenings that I cry and vent, and sometimes I don't feel like talking. Sometimes I am not so much fun to be around. Moments when I don't laugh or smile or show much emotion. And there are the occasions when I mess up. Those moments where I am rotten and rude and not like my normal self. And Aaron has seen it. Just about every emotion I have has been displayed before him. Yet he still comes home. He still loves me. He forgives, and he forgets, and my heart is overwhelmed.

And to think of the devotion. Of when he says, "You're stuck with me." And my heart is always glad to hear that. Even on the days that are a little grey, a little tense, my heart rests in knowing that truth. Knowing the devotion, the fact that he sees me in the way that he does. The way he looks at me, like I am the only person that matters. And that he wants to keep it that way. That he goes out of his way to make sure I know that, and I am overwhelmed.

The fact that, even after seeing the many facets of Brittnye, Aaron wants to stay. That, somehow, it pulls him closer. That he would accept me, still, and be quick to offer forgiveness and then truly give it. That he would pursue me regardless and never give up on me. That he would see beauty, see good, and desire me above all earthly things overwhelms me, and I don't know that I'll ever understand.

But who can truly understand the heart? Who can really explain authentic, genuine love? You can't. You just know it. By the way is treats you, sacrifices for you, feels about you, and comes home to you every night. That's love. It never gives up, it always shows up, and when you stop to really think about it, it overwhelms you.

#867 - For overwhelming love.

"I am overwhelmed with joy in the Lord my God! For he has dressed me with the clothing of salvation and draped me in a robe of righteousness. I am like a bridegroom in his wedding suit or a bride with her jewels." - Isaiah 61:10

Comments

Popular Posts