Reason #3

Mornings are always the hardest. Sometimes, I like to refer to them as "mournings" rather than mornings. I used to love listening to John Mayer. He has a song that came to my mind this "mourning" and the lyrics say, "when you're dreaming with a broken heart, waking up is the hardest part." Beginning the day with a sad song in my head doesn't really get me off to a good start, so as I began to get ready this morning I asked the Lord to meet with me accompany me today. I asked that He'd fill me with His peace and joy because I was having a hard time feeling those emotions.  Before stepping into the shower, the song 'I Lift My Hands' by Chris Tomlin came on the radio. Talk about a nice change of pace and mood! I just stood there and let the words wash over me. The chorus says, "I lift my hands to believe again. You are my refuge, you are my strength. As I pour out my heart these things I remember. You are faithful, God, forever." As I sang those words right along with Chris, I realized the truth in them. When I pour out my heart to God, my joys, my sorrows, my worries, my fears, my doubts, my anxieties and my hopes, the thing that comes to my mind is how faithful He is. When I lift my hands in worship to Him, it's amazing how all of those things just melt away in His glorious presence. Whatever I was concerned or worried about 5 seconds ago doesn't really matter anymore. Nothing compares to worshiping God with uninhibited praise. I suppose that's just a glimpse of what Heaven will be like. I am so glad to serve a God who desires to "comfort all who mourn, bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." (Isaiah 6:3)

Reason #3 - Lifting my hands and singing praises to a faithful God who is my refuge and strength.

"Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." - Lamentations 3: 22-23


Comments

Popular Posts