Reason #16

I have found that one of the best places for me to spend time with God is in the car. When I took my first job out of college, I had a 45 minute commute to work. On the way over each morning, I would just spend time talking with him. If you know me, you know I'm a talker. I found that I could talk with him on the way over because I had no distractions and could really focus on our time together. I was by myself and no one could hear me so we could really have deep, truthful conversation. I've continued to keep this practice up. In fact, I can't wait to get in my car and drive to work each morning so we can have our heart to heart. As I drove to church this morning, we spent our time together and he laid a song on my heart. If you've been reading my posts, you've probably noticed that God uses music to speak to me. This morning, he laid the song "Healer" by Kari Jobe on my heart. The chorus says:

I believe that you're my healer
I believe that you are all I need
I believe that you're my portion
I believe you're more than enough for me
Jesus, you're all I need

These words replayed in my mind as I drove across town. I have an incredible church home and always look forward to gathering in worship on Sunday mornings. As we stood and lifted our voices in praise, the band began to play "Healer." I just LOVE when the Lord gives me a song and then an opportunity to sing it to him. He always knows how to give me chills.

As I sang the song, I really began to ask myself if I believed what I was singing. Do I believe he is my healer, my portion and all I need? Sometimes it's easy to say that we believe God is all we need, but I realized that many times I have sang this song saying "I like to believe you are all I need..." As I have entered into a new season in life, God has shown me in a mighty way that he really is all I need. Sure, I think I need this or that, but he's the one who gives and takes away. He is my portion and he is more, way more, than enough for me.


In Matthew 8, a Roman soldier came to Jesus and asked him to heal his sick servant. Jesus told the soldier that he would go heal the man, but the soldier stopped him and said, "“Lord, I am not worthy to have you come into my home. Just say the word from where you are, and my servant will be healed." This man knew of Jesus' power. I'm sure he had heard of it or maybe even seen it first hand, so he knew if he went to Jesus, he could find healing. He believed. Jesus was amazed by this soldier's faith and sent him on his way saying, "Because you have believed, it has happened." How powerful is our God that he only needs to speak for things to happen! Like the Roman soldier, I am not worthy to have the Creator heal me but, Psalm 147:3 says, "He heals the brokenhearted and bandages their wounds."

I want to leave out my "like to" addition to the song and be like this Roman soldier. I don't want to waiver in my belief that God will do what he promised and miss out on the blessings because I halfheartedly believed rather than wholeheartedly. The same powerful Jesus that the Roman solider called on is the same powerful Jesus I call on. So, do I believe that he is my healer, my portion and all that I need?

I do.

#16 - Because he is more than enough for me.

"You are blessed because you believed that the Lord would do what he said." - Luke 1:45




Comments

Popular Posts