Reason #8

I love K-Love! I grew up in a family of singers, so I love music. I listen to K-Love when I get ready in the morning, in my office at work, in the car...basically, all day. K-Love's motto is "positive, encouraging." If you listen to K-Love often, I bet you just sang that little tune in your head, huh? Anyhow, I'm always amazed at how God speaks to me through songs and encourages me through the stories and news on K-Love.

In October, my mom treated me to the David Crowder Band Concert. The DCB is breaking up this year so I was really glad I got to see them in concert before they are no more. Gunger and Chris August also played at the concert and just blew my socks off. One of my favorite things about the DCB is that their songs are simple yet powerful. They have songs that will put a pep in your step and songs that will bring you to your knees in adoration of our Lord. As I was putting on my make-up today, the DCB song "You Never Let Go" came on. Because I do listen to the radio so often, I have memorized many of the songs. I often find myself just singing the words and not really paying attention to what I'm singing due to the familiarity of the songs. This morning, I decided to stop putting on my make-up and really listen to the words of the song. Toward the end of the song, David Crowder sang, "joy and pain, sun and rain, you're the same, oh you never let go." He repeated these words many times and each time he did, the realization and power of the words sank in. I recalled an image that the pastor at my parents' church created a few week during his sermon, and I just pictured myself standing in the palm of my Father with the other hand covering me. Now could there be a better place to be than in the palm of our Savior? In John 10:27-29 Jesus said, "My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me, for my Father has given them to me, and he is more powerful than anyone else. No one can snatch them from the Father’s hand." Sometimes, I feel like I'm at the end of my rope and the only thing left to do is tie a knot and hang on. David Crowder reminded me that even though I might feel like I'm about to let go, God never lets go. Whether I'm climbing up the rope or sliding down, He'll never let go, and even if that knot gives out and I lose my grip, it's okay because I'm in the palm of his hand and NOTHING can remove me from those nail-scarred hands. 


Reason #8 - K-love and the many wonderful Christian musicians who remind me throughout the day that He never lets go. 

"Can anything ever separate us from Christ’s love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute, or in danger, or threatened with death? No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us. And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 8:35-39

Comments

Popular Posts