Reason #18

Another beautiful day! I got to spend some time outside this evening and really enjoyed the nice weather and the lingering sunset. I work in an office with no windows, so I have really come to appreciate time outside. A little fresh air and some sunshine can do great things for a person. As I enjoyed being outside tonight, I was reminded of what a wonderful Creator we have. In Genesis, we get to see the beginning of our world. I talked about the power of words in my last post, and just to reinforce that idea, our God SPOKE the world into being. He didn't hire a construction crew to do the job, no, he said it and it was done. I start to think about the detail that he used and am blown away at how he so intricately put creation together. I love reading the passage in Job 38 where God reminds Job of who he is. What man can make the weather change? Who can make the sun rise and set and paint the skies with beautiful colors? Who can make a flower bloom? Who can pour out rain on parched land? When you take a moment to read through this passage, you'll quickly be reminded of not only how detailed our creator is but how powerful he is!

Psalm 96 says, "Let the heavens be glad, and the earth rejoice! Let the sea and everything in it shout his praise! Let the fields and their crops burst out with joy! Let the trees of the forest rustle with praise before the LORD, for he is coming!" Creation waits in eager anticipation for Gods return (Romans 8). We see in Luke 19 that as Jesus is on his way to Jerusalem, people cry out in praise to him for the miracles they had seen him do. The Pharisees tell him he should rebuke those crying out but he tells them that even if his people were to keep quiet, the rocks would cry out!

I love how God put such detail into creation. He didn't cut corners or keep it simple. I look at the colors of the sky, the beauty of flowers, and the magnificent sunrises and sunsets and I just thank him that he's given me eyes to see it all. I thank him that he breathed life into this body so that I can enjoy my stay in this beautiful world. I think most will agree that it's hard to compete with a West Texas summer sunset. I look forward to experiencing those in a few months and hope that I'll remember to praise him as I watch the day come to an end rather than allowing the rocks to do my work. After all, James 1:18 reminds us that "we, out of all creation, became his prized possession."

#18- A loving Creator who placed me in a beautiful world.

"Then God looked over all he had made, and he saw that it was very good!" - Genesis 1:31




                                                               

Comments

  1. Just an FYI - your blogs have become one of the best parts of my day. I love my Brittnye Devotionals in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind, my friend. Thank you for your encouragement. Love you!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts