Reason #2

I have been out of college for 3 years but I still live my life in semesters. During "Christmas break" I have had the privilege of going to church with my parents at Southcrest on Sundays. The pastor has been doing a study over the book of Daniel, which is an incredible story of how God blesses faithfulness, how He honors and cares for His people, and how His plan is never thwarted regardless of our human efforts.

Anyhow, at the start of the service this morning, a pastor from Peru shared his heart with the congregation. He talked about how the people in South America are asking that God give the United States a second chance. He said that they were praying there would be revival and awakening in America. I agree 100% with every word he said, but it was eye opening for me to hear someone from another country point out that this "one nation under God" has become "one nation who has turned from God." I am proud to be an American, but not always proud of America's decisions. I am thankful to live in a country where freedom rings. As I've walked down this path I'm currently on, there have been many times I've thanked God that I do live in a country where freedom and equality is the same for every citizen. My heart breaks for so many women who have been in my shoes and live in countries where they aren't seen as valuable people, weren't provided educations to support themselves, and have no voice. As I think about how fortunate I am to live in the "land of the free" I realize that no matter where I am in life, I can experience freedom because where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom (2 Corinthians 3:17). Isn't it strange that sometimes we can feel like prisoners even through we're free? Unfortunately, we often try to remove the Spirit of the Lord from many areas of our lives. We desire freedom and blessings but only on our terms, right? We decide where the Lord can be and when He can be there. When our lives start falling apart and things begin to crumble, we wonder where He is and where He has been. How different would our lives be if we decided that we really wanted to live in freedom? What if  we invited the Spirit of the Lord to inhabit every area of our lives? What if we decided to experience blessings on His terms rather than telling Him how He can bless us? Imagine how our country would look if we really lived as if  "one nation under God." I think revival is much needed, and I hope that the Lord will start with  me.

Reason #2 - Freedom. Because really, the battle is already won!

So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. - John 8:36









Comments

Popular Posts