Reason #615

It has been one of those overwhelming weeks where the Lord has just spoken to my heart in so many incredible ways. It's as if I'll have a little dry spell and then boom, everything comes together at once. I have all of these questions and concerns hanging around and then next thing I know, He has addressed them all. It's crazy how that works.

My Grandmother sent me a quote today that said, "Stress makes you believe that everything has to happen right now. Faith reassures you that everything will happen in God's timing." Amen to that, huh?! You know me and stress, we're old friends. In fact, I think too many of us are familiar with that one. And so I've found myself stressing out over a few things lately. Of course, these things are pretty much emotional issues, and when it comes to emotion I feel as if I have no control. But the truth is, I do. I decide what I will and won't believe, what I allow to affect me and how I allow it to affect me, and ultimately, I decide what I will stress about.

So you all know I really struggle with being concerned about how others view me, and I struggle with how I think of myself based off of what I believe others think of me. So this week, through a few specific conversations with other people, the Lord has made sure to prove me wrong about every negative thing I think about myself. He has made sure I understand, in really big ways, that I am wrong in what I believe about myself. That I'm basing my thoughts off of lies. And praise the Lord for His impeccable timing. For the fact that He continuously sets us free from deception and traps, and that He loves us too much to let us wallow in the darkness and shame.

And so my heart is really full tonight. I could seriously type for a few hours, but I really can't put into words what God has done for me over the past few days. For how He has brought such comfort, assurance, and peace to my heart. For how He has eliminated my stress, and for how perfect His timing really is. I am having one of those moments of unexplainable joy, and I'm so grateful to serve a God who is faithful to always shed light so that darkness flees. Who is faithful to reveal truth and expose lies. Who is loving, tender, gracious, and merciful. And I praise Him for never ceasing to amaze me. For always speaking comfort to my heart, and for reminding me, once again, that His plan is significantly better, His timing is absolutely perfect, and He's already got it all figured out for me.

#615 - Because He eliminates my stress.

"Your justice is eternal, and your instructions are perfectly true. As pressure and stress bear down on me, I find joy in your commands." - Psalm 119:142-143

Comments

Popular Posts