Reason #617

It's the little things that I miss. I miss waking up in the morning and pressing snooze for a half an hour as we both wish for more time to sleep. Standing in the bathroom with sleepy eyes and scratchy voices saying, "How did you sleep last night?" And if I had a weird dream, which is most nights, I tell him all about it. I miss not getting a big hug and kiss before heading off to work, making sure to breathe in whatever cologne he has chosen to wear for the day.

I miss the feeling of coming home at the end of the work day knowing he is already there, or is close behind. Excited to get a hug after 8 long hours of work. I miss our routine of cooking dinner, holding hands as we pray before we eat, sitting at the table and discussing our day over whatever simple meal we whipped up, and then tag teaming it to clean up the kitchen. I miss getting to recap my day in full detail, telling him about all the semi and non important things that occurred, and listening to what all his day entailed. I miss our evenings of getting to do whatever we want to do or need to do together.

I miss him when I go somewhere by myself. Feeling incomplete and weird, I'd just assume rather not be out and about if he isn't with me. I miss getting to crawl into bed at night and stick my cold toes on his warm legs as I write my blog. Of falling asleep, even though I might have to nudge him a time or two due to my light sleeping habits. I miss not having him next to me when I wake up in the middle of the night to readjust or pull over the covers.

I miss him when he is gone, so I'm grateful he finally made it home tonight. Scout and I are glad to have our favorite man back with us. To hear about his trip. To get to see his smile and talk with him face to face. Most of all, just to know he is here, safe and sound, is the best feeling of all.

And so I praise the Lord for keeping Aaron safe while he was gone. For bringing him back home, too. Because life isn't the same without him, and is so much better with him. And I am just thankful that no matter where he has to go, or how long he has to be there, I only have to miss him for just a little while because he is always coming back home.

#617 - For safe travels and to have him back home!

"Let me live forever in your sanctuary, safe beneath the shelter of your wings!" - Psalm 61:4

Comments

Popular Posts