Reason #201

Another wonderful Wednesday! A long day, too. Ten hour work days and patent leather wedges don't do much for my feet. But that's okay.

Today has been an emotional day. A day full of surprises. Unexpected surprises, I might add. And to be real honest, not all were pleasant. Remember, I'm a worrier. A thinker, an analyzer, but mostly a worrier.

My mom is a wise woman. A woman who has good ideas. My confidant and trusted counselor. A few days ago, I shared one of my concerns with her. A worry of which I knew I couldn’t control. An outcome that I would like to control but realized that I couldn't even if I tried. So I asked her advice and, seeing the rationale of both sides, she said to me, “Well, I’m just going to start praying about this and I’ll ask that He begins to prepare you for the right time.”

I wasn’t sure when that right time would be. How would I know? Because sometimes, timing is everything. I didn’t want to jump the gun but I also didn’t want to wait too long. And in my analytical mind, I began to mull it over. I began to plan and estimate, rehearse it to myself. I wanted to be sure I didn’t miss the perfect opportunity. But fear crept in, and worry and anxiety were soon to follow behind. So I just started asking Him to take care of it. Just trusting that He would continue to do what was in my best interest. And I believed that whatever the outcome was, even if it didn’t go in my favor, it would be the answer I was praying for. The confirmation I needed.

Early this morning, earlier than I prefer, I sent my mom a text message as I sat at red light on the way to work. And she responded by letting me know that at the exact moment, she was praying that prayer for me. At that exact moment, she was lifting it up and asking Him to take care of it. And in that moment, we both saw that was exactly what He had done. He had taken care of it.

And so the hectic day rolled on, and as I finally had an opportunity to sit still for a few quite minutes at my desk, I checked my phone. I had received a message that shocked me. It upset me quite a bit, too. I didn't like it in the least. And my heart sank a little. A friend, a sweet beautiful friend, now in a scary situation. I couldn't believe my eyes as I read the words on the tiny little screen, and I felt sort of numb. What do I say? What do I do? And I was ever so thankful for that quite moment alone in my office. A moment to sit and do the one thing I could think of, the only thing I knew would make a difference. A moment to start praying for her. Praying and asking that He'd take care of it.

Tonight, I stood in a warm room surrounded by a group of most incredible girls, girls who have become like sisters, and we prayed. We asked and we believed that He was going to take care of it. Take care of us. Take care of every situation we faced. And as we lifted our request, as we laid our concerns and our worries at His feet, I just felt so peaceful. So assured. Because I saw it. In my own life, in each of our lives, I could see how He really has taken care of everything. From what I know, from what I have experienced, from what I've seen, there isn't a detail He's left untouched. An area He has ignored or overlooked.

And so I'm grateful to serve a God who has it under control. A God who is constantly there, constantly present, constantly working and constantly holding us. He's got this!

#201 - Because He takes care of everything... seriously, everything!

"The Lord your God is going ahead of you. He will fight for you, just as you saw him do in Egypt. And you saw how the Lord your God cared for you all along the way as you traveled through the wilderness, just as a father cares for his child. Now he has brought you to this place." - Deuteronomy 1:30-31

Comments

Popular Posts