Reason #204

If there was ever a day where I felt loved, today was that day. Today was jam packed full of blessings. More than I deserve. Love, poured over me in abundance from the moment my sleepy eyes opened this morning.

Undeserving. This has become an adjective of mine. A word I use to describe myself so often. Undeserving of such love and goodness. I'll never understand it, never comprehend it. I'll never know why He blesses my life so abundantly, but I'm eternally grateful. Completely humbled.

Words written for specifically me. Ink spread across cards. Sealed enveloped containing emotions, thought out sentiments, for me to keep and treasure. Words that will forever be held near and dear to my heart. Words of description, descriptions that I don't feel worthy of. Descriptions that melt my heart and cause a little lump to form in my throat. And these kind, generous words become my keepsakes to look back over as the years go by. Words that will be reminders of how deeply, undeservedly loved and blessed I am.

Words written long ago specifically for me, for us, breathed straight from the mouth of the Creator of the universe. Ink printed on thin, transparent sheets of paper. Sheets, bound in leather, containing a perfect plan. A plan of redemption and hope for all mankind. People, completely unworthy of such forgiveness and love, read descriptions of truth in the ancient words. Valuable, precious, treasured, desired, special. Descriptions none are worthy of, but descriptions of how He sees us, how He feels about us. And it overwhelms me. To think that He feels this way about me enough to put it into written words. Words for me to keep around. Words to look back over as reminders. Words written for me, to me, long before I would ever understand them. And I'm reminded, once more, how unconditionally, undeservedly loved and blessed I am.

And so I'm thankful for words. Intentional thoughts I can keep forever as reminders. And most of all, I'm grateful for ink that spreads across pages and cards to let me know how loved I am... how undeservedly loved I am.

#204 - Words of undeserved love.

"How sweet your words taste to me; they are sweeter than honey." - Psalm 119:103

Comments

Popular Posts