Reason #231

Where does time go? Seriously, it always takes so long for August to arrive and now it's over, over in a blink. And so, another late night of typing and I sit in bed just wondering. Wondering how He'll do it once more.

2012 was off to a rough start. I didn't know what I was going to do. I wasn't sure how I was going to get by or even move on for that matter. I refrained from making plans in advance, but rather I lived one day at a time. That was all I could do during that season. Slowly mark one day off of the calendar. In the darkest time of my life, the deepest valley thus far, and I just had to trust that He was going to do something.

I'll be the first to admit that I don't always do a very good job of taking care of myself. Now, I do take care of business and get things done, but when it comes to me, I tend to be a little neglectful. Such was the case then. And so I was entering into a new phase of life and I just wasn't sure how I felt about it. To be truthful, I was scared, at least I thought I was going to be scared. So I began to pray and ask for help. The ironic thing is, I never stressed. I didn't worry because worry was pointless. I realized that I had zero control and was truly going to have to rely on God to provide for me. Saying it wasn't enough, I was going to have to live it and do it. Although my family would do anything for me at the drop of a hat, they couldn't provide for me in the way I needed. No one could. But the Lord knew what I needed, when I needed it and how to meet that need. So, standing in Hobby Lobby one Saturday afternoon, He did. He met that need in a simple conversation. Completely unconventional, completely a surprise, completely unexpected.

Five months ago, I didn't think I could do it. Five months ago, He met my very specific need. But months pass and plans change and I find myself entering into a new month with yet another significant change. And as I processed this change, as I thought about it the other night, I was awestruck at His timing. More than anything, I was amazed at how He worked things out, once again, for the good, for my good. Working and moving so that it was to my benefit, to settle my anxious heart and ease my concerns. Because timing really is everything, and our God is always on time. But more than that, I learned that I can do it. It's not as scary as I thought it would be. And when I think about how He did this for me, I can't help but get little chills.

And it just goes to show that He cares so much for His children. He moves mountains to meet our needs. He knows our every thought and rushes to ease our anxieties when we call on Him. And He knows exactly what to do to teach us that we can do it. With God on our side, we can get through anything. The impossible quickly becomes possible. And so I stand, looking at a new phase, a new potential mountain, and this time, I know what to do. This time, I know where to turn. To be completely honest, I have no clue how He's going to do it. I don't know how He's going to take care of me, continue to meet my needs and provide for me. But this I do know, He has done it before and He'll do it again.

#231 - Because He's done it before and He'll do it again.

"Your righteousness, O God, reaches to the highest heavens. You have done such wonderful things. Who can compare with you, O God?" - Psalm 71:19

"But as for me, I will always proclaim what God has done; I will sing praises to the God of Jacob." - Psalm 75:9

"You thrill me, Lord, with all you have done for me! I sing for joy because of what you have done. O Lord, what great works you do! And how deep are your thoughts." - Psalm 92:4-5

Comments

Popular Posts