Reason #212

I sat at McAlister's tonight for a good session of "cousin-time." Sans make-up and a grumbling stomach, I gobbled down my food as if I hadn't eaten in days. It was another beautiful night, so we opted to sit outside. Summer is my favorite season, well next to spring, so we figured we better take advantage of the warmth while we can. I have the absolute best family that has ever existed, but over the past year, I've come to realize they are even better than I knew. And we talked and we shared. We caught up on life. Our own lives, lives of the ones of love dearly, and we filled each other in on the gaps.

She's seen it all. From the beginning to the end, my cousin has seen it. And not only has she been included on every detail, she seen even more. But I have a family of protectors, a family who looks out for me, a family who has made it their mission to keep me safe, and they've done a good job. And so the looming question came. The elephant in the room, I suppose you could say. The number one reason an emergency "cousin-session" had been called to order.  And so, in true Brittnye fashion, the words came rolling out of my mouth 100 miles per hour. Words expressed with joy and maybe a hint of pleasant shock. And a smile stretched across my whole face as I filled her in on every single exciting detail. Details that I have been busting at the seams to share. Details that I have been selective with for a time. Details of answered prayers.

And I suppose the joy in all of it, the surprise and shock factor behind it, is that I just couldn't believe it. I couldn't believe the words that were escaping my mouth. Words that were my present reality. Words that truly seem to be too good! Because I just didn't see it coming. I really didn't expect it. Caught of guard, once again, but this time it was a really good surprise.

And I don't know why I would think any different or even expect anything less for that matter. Because that's God for you. And here's the even cooler thing, He's seen it all from the beginning, too. Every single detail, He has been a part of. And He, too, has seen even more and knows even more. And I'm just in awe, once again, of how richly He pours His blessings over me. In fact, just when I think He's already done enough, filled my life to the brim with good things, He piles on even more! Blessings added to blessings! And I realize what an abundant life I have, but that's simply because I serve the One who came to give that to me.

So tonight, with a thousand thoughts and emotions swimming through my head, the simple, true words of King David rest in the forefront of my mind. "My cup overflows with blessings. Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life..." (Psalm 23:5-6)

#212 - Because He pursues me with goodness and unfailing love, and He adds blessings to blessings!

"How great is the goodness you have stored up for those who fear you. You lavish it on those who come to you for protection, blessing them before the watching world." Psalm 31:19

"Your awe-inspiring deeds will be on every tongue; I will proclaim your greatness. Everyone will share the story of your wonderful goodness; they will sing with joy about your righteousness." - Psalm 145:6-7

"I will tell of the Lord’s unfailing love. I will praise the Lord for all he has done." - Isaiah 63:7

Comments

Popular Posts