Reason #206

Twenty five years ago I entered into this world, 5:25PM to be exact. Fitting, if you know me well, because mornings are not my thing. 

Today I celebrated 25 years of life. Really, I've been fortunate to extend the celebration over the past few days. My day consisted of lots of well wishing, a few rendentions of the "Happy Birthday" song, delicious food, cake, more delicious food, and time with my sweet cousin who so kindly treated my to a wonderful dinner. A full day, a blessed day!

I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about turning 25. To be honest, I don't like getting older. However, getting older is better than the alternative, and like my grandad reminded me, it's another opportunity to enjoy cake and ice cream. I feel like I just celebrated my 20th birthday and now I'm officially mid-20's. Time flies!

But I'm thankful for a new year. More than ever, I am thankful for another year of life. Last year, as I rang in my 24th birthday, I had no clue what 24 would have in store for me. Last year, as I celebrated another year of life, I had no idea that it would be the most difficult year of life I would face thus far. But that was last year. A year of growth, a year of challenges, a year of overcoming.

And so today, I ring in a new year. A quarter of a century, and it was good. It was more than good because I face this new year of life filled with hope. Hope that the same God who walked me through year 24 is going forth with me through year 25. Hope because I know He has good things in store for me. Hope because He has blessed me with another year of life. And the way I see it, as long as He sees fit to keep adding candles to the cake, that means He's still writing an adventuresome story for me. And so I look forward to 25. I look forwad to seeing what incredible, redemptive plot unfolds over the next 365 days. I don't know what's in store. I don't know what this year of life holds for me. But I know who holds it, and I know who holds me.

To another year of life! A quarter of a century down, hopefully many more to go!

#206 - Because He has blessed me with another year of life!

"I will sing to the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live." - Psalm 104:33

Comments

Popular Posts