Reason #196

My friend, Lisa, came over to watch the opening ceremony for the Olympics with me tonight. London definitely outdid themselves! It was quite spectacular. We sat on the couch and fast forwarded through the commercials so we could watch Team USA make their entrance into the stadium. And then it was time, time for the grand finale. The queen, looking pretty unenthusiastic, announced the beginning of the games. And so the flame was carried into the stadium and the cauldron was lit. Although the whole ceremony was incredible, all of the events leading up to the lighting left us in anticipation as we knew the biggest event was going to happen at the end. We had no idea what it was, but we could just feel that it was going to be increidble. As soon as the cauldron was completely lit, fireworks exploded around the stadium. Seriously, I have never seen the likes of fireworks in my life! The camera backed out to give us an aerial view and the whole city was exploding. It was amazing! Lisa said, "This is from the ground view. Just imagine what it looks like from the Heavens. I bet God has some amazing fireworks in store for us."

I think she was on to something.  And I thought about my own life. I thought about what all He is doing, how He is moving and working. I thought about how He is crafting and planning and preparing for something really amazing. A surprise to me. Because I don't know what to expect. I don't know what lies ahead. But I can only imagine, after all that He has already done and what I've already witnessed, this grand finale must be quite spectacular. And sometimes, I get too focused on the end. Too worried about when it's going to take place, how it's going to take place, what exactly it entails, but I'm realizing that I just need to slow down and enjoy the "ceremony." Enjoy the events going on in the here and now. Appreciate and anticipate each step that leads me closer to that grand finale. Because if man can come up with such an extravagant ceremony, if man can plan something so mind blowing and indescribable, just imagine what our God can do! Speechless!

So I praise Him for all of the blessings He pours out on me. For crafting and planning really amazing things for me to experience while preparing me for something unimaginable, something incredible. I thank Him for the fact that He's not even close to being done, either! And although I have no clue what the grand finale even looks like, I can only believe that it will be bigger and better than anything I've seen to date. I have no clue what He's got in store, but I know I won't be disappointed. And so I'm grateful to serve a God who plans ahead. A God who always leaves me speechless and amazed by His works and attention to detail. And I'm grateful that in the end, He has bigger and better things prepared for us than we could ever think up on our own.

#196 - Because He's got bigger and better things planned!

“No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him." - 1 Corinthians 2:9

Comments

Popular Posts