Reason #357

We went from last year to this year at the beginning of the week, but this week has seriously felt as if it was a year long. Maybe it's because I had a day off during work week. I don't know why, but I felt as if Friday was never going to come. Thank goodness it's Friday!

It has been cold this week, and I mean cold! I am a cold natured girl, so a few days of cold weather really gets to me. I opened up the garage this morning only to find out it was kind of snowing. When I left work, it wasn't snowing but it was absolutely freezing. Needless to say, I couldn't wait to get home so I could layer on warm, comfy clothes.

I don't mind the cold as long as I don't have to be out in it. And so, tonight as the weather was freezing, I was thankful to have a warm home to take refuge in. I was grateful for a heater, for a big, warm blanket to wrap myself in, for fuzzy house shoes, and for my fleece sweatshirt. And I just thought about how fortunate I am to have such things. Little things I often take for granted, but things that I wouldn't want to do without. And I thought about how comfortable I am. How I know, at the end of the day, that I can come home and have these little luxuries waiting for me. I can't imagine living each day trying to figure out where to go or how to stay warm. I can't imagine what it would be like to not have warm house shoes to slide on or a closet full of warm clothes to choose from.

Sometimes I do wonder why me. Why am I able to have a coat to go with every outfit in my closet when many people in this world have never owned a coat of their own? Why am I able to own a home, to somehow make the payments each month, and keep my heater going while so many hardworking people have either lost their homes or have never had a place to settle in? Why do I have these blessings? I don't know. I certainly don't deserve them. I certainly did nothing to earn them. But as Aaron and I prayed before dinner tonight, I was just so gracious for God's provision. So grateful to be inside, protected from the weather's elements, to be warm and relaxed and I realize I only have these things because God has given them to me. See, sometimes we think we've done it. We've worked hard to get this, to earn that, to obtain these things, to possess something when really, it's God who gives us what we have. It's God who takes care of us. God is our provider. And He does it in different ways for all of us. Maybe provision isn't always in the form of a house you own, a certain type of clothing, or central heating. Provision comes in all shapes and sizes. But if you trust Him, if you really, really trust Him, He will provide. He will make sure you're taken care of. And, I don't know about you, but I'm so thankful to serve a God who always makes sure His children's needs are met. There's no need that is too big for Him to meet, and there's no need that's too small for Him to overlook. He'll take care of each one as they arise.

So, tonight, I'm thankful for the many ways He's provided for me to keep warm. And I'm thankful for the little things like slippers and warm blankets. But more than that, I'm thankful to serve a God who is so faithful to always give me exactly what I need.

#357 - For warm clothes, a warm home, and a God who provides those things for me.

"She has no fear of winter for her household, for everyone has warm clothes." - Proverbs 31:21

Comments

Popular Posts