Reason #360

It has finally warmed up a bit. I still think it's pretty cold,  and I would prefer it to be about 30 degrees warmer each day. If you're outside in the sun, in the middle of the afternoon, it's not half bad. Really, it feels pretty nice. Scout loves to go outside when it's nice. She loves to lay in the sun and just romp around the backyard at her leisure. To be a small dog, I'm quite surprised at how "out-doorsy" she is.

Saturday afternoon I spent a few hours giving my house a much needed cleaning session. It was a really beautiful afternoon, so Scout spent the majority of her time outside. She would come in for a quick rest, get a drink and then back out she would go. As I was cleaning the kitchen, I looked out into the backyard and watched her run around for a bit. I know this will probably sound a little silly and dramatic, but as I watched her enjoying the sun and the warmer weather, I thought to myself, "Gosh, I really love that dog!" I couldn't help but smile as I watched her enjoy the beauty of the day. It wasn't anything spectacular, the day wasn't different from any other day, but it was finally a warm, sunny day, and Scout was taking full advantage of the pleasant circumstances.

I know I write about Scout often, and I've confessed that I'm completely crazy about her. You may be thinking I'm being a little far fetched, but I can't help it. I just love her. Simple as that. And I love when Scout gets joy out of the little things in life. I love rolling down the car window when we're at the drive-thru so she can poke her little head out. I love giving her a chew stick and watching her race to the bedroom to chew it. I love asking her if she wants to "go" and watching her turn in a million little circles from excitement. And so Saturday was one of those other moments where I just loved watching her finally have the opportunity to enjoy some sun in her backyard after a lot of really cold, dreary days.

And I just have to imagine that God feels the same when He watches us. I have to believe that it warms His heart to watch His children take pleasure in the simple, good things in life. Don't you know He it brings a smile to His face when He sees how much we're enjoying the blessings in life that He gave us? Because the truth is, we face dark days. Some days are bitterly cold, some days are dreary, some days are rainy, and some days are scortching. But there are plenty of days that are beautiful. Days, sandwiched in, where we get a little break from the norm. A lovely, sunny, warm day, figuratively speaking. And what do you think God wants us to do with those days when they roll around? I think He wants us to just enjoy them, don't you? Don't you think He just wants us to soak them up, take them in with a grateful heart, and just enjoy the beauty that's present? Because there may be seasons where sunny, warm days are far and few inbetween, and so it's important that we don't miss out on them when they make an appearance. It's important that we take advantage of the moment while it's here. It's okay to enjoy life, it is. He wants that for us. And so He gives us sunny days to enjoy. Days to just bask in the warmth and rejoice in the beauty. So live it up while the day is here, and remember to always praise Him for those sunny days!

#360 - Because He gives us sunny days to enjoy!

"This is the Lord’s doing, and it is wonderful to see. This is the day the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it." - Psalm 118:23-24

Comments

Popular Posts