Reason #361

Sometimes I still go back and forth wondering what God's will is for my life. I feel like I probably blog about this more often than necessary, but it's a thought that's always prevalent in my mind. Because I just want to do His will. I want to know what it is without a shadow of a doubt. Earlier this year, my pastor shared a valuable insight about God's will that was very freeing for me. He said God's will is that we bring Him glory in everything we do. And so finally understanding this encouraged me greatly as I realized that God's will isn't as complicated as I make it out to be. But sometimes I still get this idea that there must be this one thing I need to accomplish. Some particular reason why I am here. There must be a certain task assigned to me and I want to make sure I successfully complete it.

I know all parents have this dream for their child. A dream of what that baby will grow up to be. Will it be a nurse or a doctor, a lawyer, a pro athlete, a writer, a musician? So many possibilities. And children have this idea of what they'll be, too. Dreams of what they'll accomplish with their lives. But that's the cool thing about God, He doesn't have to wonder this about us. He doesn't have to dream about what the future holds. He knows exactly what we will do, where we will end up, and how it is that we will get there.

I suppose the reason I think so much about this topic is because I wonder if I'm getting it right. Am I doing what God wants me to do? Am I doing what God designed me to do? Am I on the right path or am I missing the mark? Am I close or do I have a ways to go before I get there?

I heard a new song on the radio tonight as I got ready for bed. I just love hearing new songs, too. I made sure to listen closely to the words so that I could re-listen to the song again. As soon as I finished washing my face, I found the song on youtube and listened to it a few times.

This song talked about God's will and asking for the wisdom to find it. Because sometimes God's will takes time to accomplish. Sometimes, what God has planned for us might not come to fruition for years. Sometimes, we have to go through difficult situations in order for His will to prevail and for us to get back on the right path. But I take comfort in knowing that if we ask Him, He will lead us right to where He desires us to be. And if there's one thing I really want to accomplish with my life, it's that I do what God designed me to do. I don't want to get to the end and realize I missed the mark. Because I do have dreams for myself. There are things I really want to do with my life, but I don't know if those are Brittnye-inspired dreams or God-inspired dreams. And truthfully, even though I have a strong desire to accomplish said dreams, many are the days they seem only that... dreams. But God is a God who will turn dreams into realities if it is His will. Trust me, He can accomplish more that we ever imagined possible. And so if His will is that I just stay here and wait a while, I pray for wisdom to do that. And if it is His will is that I move in a certain direction, well I pray for the courage to do that. Because whatever His will is, I know it will be perfect. I just hope and pray that I'll bring glory to His name no matter what He calls me to do.

#361 - Because He will help us find our way.

"My child, eat honey, for it is good, and the honeycomb is sweet to the taste. In the same way, wisdom is sweet to your soul. If you find it, you will have a bright future, and your hopes will not be cut short." - Proverbs 24:13-14


Comments

Popular Posts