Reason #379

Sometimes I go back and read my old posts. They are good reminders for me. I read them and I remember where I was and how I felt, and now that I've been blogging for over a year, it's pretty amazing to see how far God as brought me.

I can't believe how quickly time has passed. I can't believe what all has transpired during this time, too. Last year, on this day, I wrote about Abraham and Isaac and the ram that showed up to save the day. I think this is one of my favorite posts, as God gave me such encouragement and insight through this story. And now, sitting on this side of things, I love being able to look back and see all of the rams that God has provided for me along the way.

This morning, as I got ready for the day, I began to think. My problem tends to be that I think all of the time. Sometimes, I wish I could just not think or only think a few seconds ahead. Anyhow, I was thinking about February as it will be here before the week is over. I was thinking about what all I have coming up, too. A particular thought crossed my mind, and I began to feel a little concerned. Now, as you know, I am all about transparency. I love being open and honest but there is one subject I don't like to talk about. One thing, in particular that I prefer to keep to myself. It's totally a pride issue, I'll admit. The reason I don't like to openly share it is because this is the one thing that is "my thing." And what I find interesting is that until a few weeks ago, this was never a concern of mine. So I keep trying to push the thought out of my mind. I keep reminding myself that God is going to take care of me. But I get nervous and worried and I begin trying to try and think of the ways He is going to do it. I can't figure it out.

This time last year, I had different worries. This was still a worry but it seemed so small compared to everything else that I didn't give it much thought. I told myself time and time again that God was going to provide for me in this area and so I just wasn't even going to let myself be concerned. I was confident that He was going to meet my every need. Well, He did. In two big ways, God met this need and took care of me. And as I put on my make-up this morning, I was reminded of that. Because, like Abraham, I was looking at a situation that seemed pretty dire. I wasn't sure how I was going to do it. I felt that God had kept me where He wanted me but it didn't make sense. And so, to make sure I knew this was exactly where He wanted me, He provided for me. The thing about Abraham and Issac's story is that a sacrifice had to be made one way or another. The thing about my situation is that God didn't have to sacrifice a thing in order to take care of me. But right in the nick of time, provision showed up. Abraham and Isaac needed it, and I needed it, too. And so God was faithful to provide in a unique way that I didn't even see coming.

I'm glad that a year ago today, I wrote about this because I needed the reminder tonight. When we worry, we are, in essence, telling God that we don't trust Him. We are saying that we do not have full confidence in His ability to take care of us. And the only thing worry does is steal our joy and give us stomach ulcers (or at least it does me). And so I have absolutely no clue how He is going to provide this time. I don't know where this ram is going to show up or when it will show up. But I do know this, God will provide. He will meet my need. He has done it time and time again, and so I have no doubt He'll keep it up. I may have to wait and I may have to practice extreme faith, but at the right time, He will show up and take care of me. At the moment I need Him, He will be there. I praise Him for showing me this truth last year so that I can rest in it now. Because I need it. I need Him to take care of me, and I know He wants to, so it's time for me to quit trying to figure it out and just let Him.

#379 - Because He has sent rams before and He will send them again!

"Don’t let the floods overwhelm me, or the deep waters swallow me, or the pit of death devour me. Answer my prayers, O Lord, for your unfailing love is wonderful. Take care of me, for your mercy is so plentiful." - Psalm 69:15-16

Comments

Popular Posts